How To Fix TFGHT is compressed, press ctrl+alt+del to Restart
TFGHT is compressed, press ctrl+alt+del to Restart. We can compress files, folders or even drives to save some disk space. But Too many compressing the System Drive or the C drive to save some more space may look tempting. But this can create problems!
Windows Will Not Boot By Compressing System Drive
Using the Compress feature on the system drive can compress some of the files required to boot the Windows OS. This could simply make your Windows computer NOT boot! You could even end up with a boot-loop!
In this article, I’ll show you what you can do if your Windows computer fails to boot or goes into a boot-loop after compressing the system drive OS drive.
Watch on YouTube
How to Uncompress System Drive
The method is to manually uncompress the files of the Windows installation drive. Follow these steps:
- Insert the Windows installation disc or USB flash drive, or a system repair disc, and then shut down your computer.
- Then restart your Computer
- When prompted, press any key, and then follow the instructions that appear
- On the Install Windows page, or on the System Recovery Options page, choose your language and other preferences, and then click Next.
- Click Repair your computer.
- Select the Windows installation you want to repair, and then click Next.
- Now click on “Load Drivers.”
- You’ll get this screen. Click OK.
- Now you’ll get an explorer window. Click on Computer
- Right-click on Installation Drive which would be the C drive in most cases. Select Properties.
- Uncheck on “Compress this drive to save disk space” and click Apply/OK.
- Make sure it says “uncompress” and ensure that “Apply changes to drive C:\, subfolders and files” is selected.
- Now click “OK” and wait for few minutes until it uncompresses.
- Once it’s done reboot your computer normally and see if it loads.
This should work !