How to Fix Modern Warfare Crashing PC. Modern Warfare is an evolution for Call of Duty, and it is so exciting. But, this evolution is only in multi-player mode. Modern Warfare aspires you the power to pilot your heavy gunship. As we know Modern Warfare moves the needle, and it still spends energy checking the same old boxes.
This game has a realistic and modern setting. It is the first time in the series that The multiplayer mode supports cross-platform. It has a new feature, such as a Realism mode that removes the HUD same as the form of ground War mode that now supports about 64 players to play.
Call of Duty : Modern Warfare players have to face random crashes on their PC when playing game. The game shows Dev error code such as Fatal Error: Dev Error 6178. It crashes even in single player mode. If your Modern Warfare also crashing and giving you a tough time, here’re some methods you can try to fix, Modern Warfare crashing Pc.
Table of Contents
- Why does Modern Warfare Crashing Pc Occurs ?
- Methods to Avoid Modern Warfare Crashing PC :
- 15 Ways to Fix Modern Warfare Crashing Pc
- 1. Update Drivers.
- 2. Close all Background Apps and Repair your Game.
- 3. Update your Graphics Driver Manually.
- 4. Update your Graphics Driver Automatically.
- 5. Set Texture Quality to High or Normal.
- 6. Scan and Repair your Game.
- 7. Stop Overclocking.
- 8. Disable NVIDIA V-Sync for Modern Warfare.
- 9. Disable Discord in-Game Overlay.
- 10. Change Priority.
- 11. Scan For Corrupt Files.
- 12. Battle.net Conflicts.
- 13. Use Wired Connections.
- 14. Reinstall modern Warfare and/or Scan and Repair Game Files.
- 15. Create a brand-new Account.
- Conclusion – Modern Warfare Crashing PC
Why does Modern Warfare Crashing Pc Occurs ?
Generally, most Modern Warfare crashes are caused by hardware problems, thus make sure your computer meets the minimum, or recommended requirements, and check its extra recommendations if you have high graphics settings turned on, such as Ray Tracing.
Methods to Avoid Modern Warfare Crashing PC :
- Update drivers.
- Close all background apps.
- Update your graphics driver manually.
- Update your graphics driver automatically.
- Set texture quality to high or normal.
- Scan and Repair your game.
- Stop Overclocking.
- Disable NVIDIA V-Sync for modern Warfare.
- Disable Discord in-game overlay.
- Change Priority.
- Scan For Corrupt Files.
- Battle.net Conflicts.
- Use Wired Connections.
- Reinstall modern Warfare and/or Scan and Repair Game Files.
- Create a new Account.
Let’s Fix “Modern Warfare” Crashing on Pc:
Make sure your computer meets the requirements for modern Warfare then follow the following ways to repair it.
- Operating System: Windows 7 64-Bit (SP1) or Windows 10 64-Bit.
- Processor: Intel Core i3-4340.
- Memory: 8 GB RAM.
- Space: 175 GB.
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 / GeForce GTX 1650 or Radeon HD 7950.
- DirectX: needs DirectX 12 compatible system.
15 Ways to Fix Modern Warfare Crashing Pc
Here are 15 possible fixes for Modern Warfare Crashing Pc :
1. Update Drivers.
When comes to game crashing, the most possible cause is your graphics driver. Graphics card (GPU) is the most significant element to determine your gaming performance. Therefore, if the graphics driver is outdated or corrupt, it’s very likely that you will get huge Modern Warfare crashing.
You can find the latest drivers here:
- AMD Graphics Drivers.
- NVIDIA Graphics Drivers.
- Intel Graphics Drivers.
2. Close all Background Apps and Repair your Game.
Applications running in the background may cause instability in the game so, shut down all applications by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc, Also disable your Antivirus software, this can cause modern Warfare to crash.
3. Update your Graphics Driver Manually.
Download the latest graphics driver file from here,
Once downloaded, open the driver file and install the newest driver manually.
The manual updating method is time-consuming. You’ll need to check for updating once again since the graphics card manufacturers keep releasing new drivers to repair bugs and improve performance for certain games.
4. Update your Graphics Driver Automatically.
Updating your graphics driver automatically is quite straightforward. Simply download and run “Driver easy” software, and it’ll recognize your system and notice the right & latest driver for it. Also, you can update other related drivers like audio driver, keyboard driver etc.
Now, follow the following steps to Update your graphics driver automatically.
- Download and install “Driver easy” software.
- Run Driver easy software, and click on the “Scan now” button. Driver easy will then scan your laptop and observe any problem according to drivers.
- Click the Update button next to your graphics card to download the newest and proper driver for it, then you can manually install it.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take full impact.
5. Set Texture Quality to High or Normal.
Many Call of Duty: Modern Warfare players may set their graphics settings to Low, which is the main reason for the modern Warfare crashing. Modern Warfare may crash for not having enough texture quality, particularly if you get an error code Dev Error 6178. Many gamers find that setting Texture Resolution to normal or High, can be very helpfull.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open your Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and go to options > Game Settings > Graphics.
- In the “details & Texture” tab, set Texture Resolution to High or normal.
- you can keep everything else on lowest settings, except Texture Filter an isotropic on High. Also, confirm to turn off sync each Frame (V-Sync), which is best left off within games.
- Play modern Warfare again to see if the crashing issue solved.
6. Scan and Repair your Game.
- This is the method you can always attempt when run into game crashing problems. Your modern Warfare crashing is caused by corrupt game files.
- If you’re on Steam: go to your game library, and right click Call of Duty: modern Warfare, and choose Properties. After doing this go to the “local Files” tab and click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- If you’re on Blizzard Battle.net, you can locate Modern Warfare, and click options; Scan and Repair.
7. Stop Overclocking.
- Overclocking your processor can improve your gaming performance, however, it may make your game unstable, which may cause Modern Warfare crashing.
- If Call of Duty: Modern Warfare starts to crash after you overclock your GPU, you can try lowering it back to the default setting. This might be enough to prevent or reduce the quantity of modern Warfare crashes you’re experiencing.
8. Disable NVIDIA V-Sync for Modern Warfare.
The V-Sync in your game is G-Sync/FreeSync may interfere with modern Warfare, thus you can try turning it off to see if the crashing issue goes away. If in-game V-sync is turned on, disable it in modern Warfare graphics settings to avoid crashing.
Steps to turn off the V-Sync in NVIDIA control Panel setting:
- Go to NVIDIA control panel.
- On the left pane, go to 3D Settings > Manage 3D settings and Choose the Program Settings tab and add your Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
- Default Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty trendy Warfare\ModernWarfare.exe.
- Scroll down the list and choose To off for Vertical sync. Then click Apply.
- Try launching your game once more to see if the Modern Warfare crashes solved.
9. Disable Discord in-Game Overlay.
If you’re using any programs with overlay feature like Discord, disable the In-Game Overlay because it can cause random game crashes on your computer.
To do so, follow these steps :
- Open Discord and click on the settings’ icon.
- Now you have to select, “Overlay tab” on the left side.
- Toggle off change in-game overlay.
- If you wish to disable in-game overlay only for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, go to Game tab and toggle off Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
10. Change Priority.
Setting Call of Duty: Modern Warfare to high priority, according to some players, reduces the quantity of crashes a little bit. To do it, you need to open your game first because you’re going to find it in the Task Manager.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager, then go to Details tab.
- Find Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.exe and right click it.
- Choose Priority > High.
- When prompted for permission to make changes, choose change priority.
11. Scan For Corrupt Files.
If you meet all those minimum requirements. However, keep having crashes, the next step is to follow the standard troubleshooting measure of checking for corrupted files.
Activation titles like the Call of Duty franchise are now handled on computer via Blizzard’s Battle.net launcher. In Battle.net launcher, click on the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare icon and choose options, then click on Scan and Repair option and wait for the automatic process to finish.
12. Battle.net Conflicts.
A few players have fixed crashing by shutting down any Blizzard-related processes, deleting some useless files, and Then, by running an update.
Note that this is a bit of a drastic measure, and there’ll be a long re-download time. If anything not work here’s what you need to do:
- Go to Task Manager by pressing the short key “Ctrl+Alt+Del”.
- Click more Details and navigate to the Processes tab.
- Shut down anything related to Blizzard, as well as the agent.exe program, by clicking the app, and then select end process.
- Open the start menu and type Run into the Search box.
- In the Run app’s command line, type %ProgramData% and press Enter to open a new folder.
- Right-click and delete the Blizzard entertainment folder.
- Open Battle.net start scanning files and folders to reinstall the required data.
- Wait for Warzone to launch after the update.
13. Use Wired Connections.
While this may not be a hardware fix, wireless connections have limited reliability that can causes you to drop from servers and negatively impact online play. If you play wireless, you may need to check on wired (if possible) to see if crashes still occur.
14. Reinstall modern Warfare and/or Scan and Repair Game Files.
If you are using a PC, then try verifying the game file by clicking, “Modern Warfare” and going into the options and clicking, “Scan and Repair.”
15. Create a brand-new Account.
Creating a completely new account through Battle.net or Call of Duty can help to stop the game from crashing.
Conclusion – Modern Warfare Crashing PC
These are all the methods that help you to avoid crashing in, “Modern Warfare.” Again remember that most modern Warfare crashes are caused by hardware problems, thus confirm your computer meets the minimum, or recommended requirements to run the Modern Warfare.